Which Online Photography Class Will Improve Your Photography?
You have a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera and thinking of taking some sort of online course.
- Are you getting photos that are too dark, out of focus, too grainy or too bright?
- Is it you, is it the camera or is everyone else using photoshop?
- Are your results nowhere near as sharp as the pictures you have seen others take with DSLR cameras?
- Maybe you are beginning to think this is something for the “too hard” basket.
These are all common problems with digital cameras users.
It’s not too difficult with the right guidance and a bit of practice.
Your Options For Photography Classes Online..
Essentially there are three ways to improve your digital photography skills by utilising what is available on the Internet:
- A “free” digital photography course online.
- A course run by an institution that offers a structured curriculum with a diploma on completion.
- A course from a professional photographer who understands your frustrations, how you feel and can show you the fastest way to succeed.
The photographers online course. The chart below compares the main benefits of each and, unless you absolutely have to have some sort of recognised qualification, there is no down side to doing a photographer’s course. If you are happy to let your results do the talking this is the quickest and least costly way to learn.
A Comparison of Online Courses
More Information About These Online Photography Classes
Free Online Photography Classes
There is a lot of very useful information in the free course but chances are you may still come way feeling you haven’t quite found what you were looking for.
- First off they are going to want your e-mail address and this is used to bombard you with mail over the coming months. Makes you wonder if things are really free.
- There are lots of distractions in the form of pop up advertisements.
Formal Photography Courses With Certification
Essential if you are after a qualification needed to further a career or secure employment.
Professional Photographer’s Online Course
Aimed primarily at the avid photographer who simply wants to take good photos with a DSLR. Someone who wants to take the odd landscape, sunset, fireworks or just family photographs.
Well composed and correctly exposed photos make mastering your camera well worth the time and effort.
A good photograph captures the essence of what you are after and an instant recall of your emotions at the time.
Every picture tells a story – you can tell stories by improving your digital photography.
Looking at the comparison chart you may feel a little uncomfortable with paying under $100.00 for a course.
How can such an inexpensive course be any good?
It sounds too cheap …
Photographer’s courses are well priced because:
- Once the initial work in compiling any PDF and videos is complete there are no further costs.
- The quality of the product is determined by the refund rate; it doesn’t take long for the public to eliminate the bad ones.
- Come with a money back guarantee.
- They generally love helping people with the same passion.
A good course will start with the basics and work up to where you will be taking exceptional photos within a short space of time; in most cases within hours!
- The photographer talks and walks you through his methods showing exactly what, how and why he does what he does to create the perfect picture.
- Common mistakes and solutions are presented in an easy to understand and execute manner.
- Follow along at your own pace – watch, copy, pause, rewind and revue whenever you want.
And all good online courses come with a money back guarantee – this is usually in the 30 – 90 day region so there is lots of time to make up your mind about course you select. If you don’t like it send it back – no questions asked.